Deputy Head Teacher – Maternity Cover
Job Title: Deputy Head Teacher – Maternity Cover
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Location: Acorn Park School, Banham
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: Fixed term to cover Maternity leave
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Deputy Head Teacher to join our Acorn Park School team. Someone with Leadership and management experience with an education setting would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group, the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s services group. The School specialises in communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The School and Homes are within a private, 30 acre Estate situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the Role
The post holder will:
- Support the Head teacher with the leadership and management of the school in order to promote effective education and care and contribute to the learning, personal development and well-being of all students.
- Be an integral member of the Middle Leadership Team (MLT) discharging individual responsibilities to a high standard as well as supporting the work of the team at all times.
- Work closely with the Head teacher, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and colleagues to ensure the school is compliant with statutory regulation.
Who we are looking for
The post holder will be expected to network and liaise across the range of external stakeholders including local authority health, social care and education networks and external providers, agencies and organisations to ensure a consistency of approach regarding standards, support, transition and high quality education and care.
- Formal Tertiary qualification in Teaching / Education (either undergraduate degree in education or undergraduate degree +
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Tertiary standard of literacy and numeracy skills
- Training or experience in special educational needs
- Willingness to extend personal and professional development
- Experience of working with children and young people in a class room environment
- A good understanding of child protection and safeguarding requirements
- Understanding of child development and learning processes and in particular barriers to learning
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to promote and encourage individuality, self-independence and choice
- Understanding of the National Curriculum and other educational initiatives and requirements
- Hold a current drivers’ licence
Why work for us
- Social activities
- "Your Wellbeing Matters"
- Employee Rewards Hub
- Free School meals on site
- No two days are ever the same
- Be part of a fantastic team who work hard together and support each other
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Continuous professional development and training for a clear career path
Applications are invited online though the Acorn Care and Education website www.acorncare.co.uk. If you have any further questions regarding how to apply please contact Rachel.Marriott@acornparkschool.co.uk
Acorn care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcome possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.