If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a HR Administrator to join our busy team at Acorn Park School in Norfolk. Someone who is highly organised and works with accuracy, confidentiality and attention to detail would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home within the Acorn Care and Education and NFA Group, the UK’s Largest, Independent Children’s services group. The School specialises in communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The School and Homes are within a private, 30 acre Estate situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of the Acorn Care and Education Group and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide education and care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
The main purpose of this role will be to support the HR team in the provision of a high quality day-to-day HR service for the School.
The role will involve:
- Providing administrative support to the school through compliance to safer recruitment of staff
- Acting as first point of contact for any HR queries by staff and management
- Facilitating the organisation of staff induction and training
- Minute taking during formal meetings
- Inputting of data and employee information onto Cascade HR System
Reporting to the Principal and accountable to Regional HR Business partner, you will follow the best practice and together support our school in improving educational outcomes for our pupils.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of 1 year's admin and office experience
- CIPD Level 3 is desirable but not necessary
- Experience of using HR Systems, preferably Cascade
- Be self-motivated and have a positive attitude
- Have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- IT Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Fast, accurate typing/data input
- Willingness to learn
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all employees to share this commitment and undertake appropriate checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.