Job Title: Learning Support Assistant
Salary: £13242.38 – £14,905.60
Location: Acorn Park School, Norfolk
Hours: 37.5 / Mon to Wed 8.30 to 4.30 Thursday 8.30 to 5.00 Friday 8.30 to 4.00
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for a Learning support assistant to join our team at Acorn Park based in Banham, Norfolk. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home. We help care for and support young people who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The Site is situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? If you have answered yes – we want you!
Acorn Park has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) to join the supportive team.
We want each young person at Acorn Park to achieve their own ambitions and to live fulfilling and productive lives. We want you to encourage each individual to achieve their potential and dream big, despite of any challenges you or they may face. This can be achieved by assisting and supporting the class teachers with the agreed learning plans, whilst also being responsible for safeguarding the young people. This will include making sure they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible and assisting with the physical, emotional and personal care needs for each individual.
Who are we looking for?
Acorn Park wants a responsible, friendly and thoughtful individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. You will ideally understand some of the challenges that you could be faced with as it will be a challenging yet rewarding role.
We need someone who can work well within a team, has great communication skills, can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present. You also must have a Grade C or above GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths and have some experience in an Education Setting or with Special educational needs children.
- To support the Class Teachers in delivering agreed learning activities to ensure each individual child meets their discrete learning needs.
- To ensure high standards of personal hygiene for each student and support them with personal care needs
- To promote structure, boundaries and domestic routines; ensuring a pleasant, clean and safe environment for the students in your care
- To carry out all duties, as directed by the class teachers to maximise learning opportunities for all children and young people
- To support the development of communication skills by implementing communication goals in collaboration with Education, Multi-disciplinary team, Residential and Respite staff
- To assist with target setting, record keeping and assessment in classes
- To undertake relevant training programmes as and when required by the School
Please see the Job description for further responsibilities.
- You must be available to work the shifts required.
- You must have a Grade C or above in your Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent
- You must have some experience within an Educational setting or with Special Educational Needs.
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference.
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team.
- Continuous professional development and training.
- Internal Promotion.
- Staff meals.
- Potential overtime.
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – The ability to speak to a councillor for support regarding your mental health.
- Employee Rewards Hub – An app which offers high-street discounts, hints and tips.
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.