Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Job Title: Higher Level Teaching Assistant
Location: Acorn Park School, Norfolk
Hours: 37.5/ Mon to Wed 8.30 to 4.30 Thursday 8.30 to 5.00 Friday 8.30 to 4.00
If you really want to make your mark in a rapidly growing business that is committed to improving the lives of children and young people, we have the role for you!
We’re looking for Higher Level Teaching assistants to join our team at Acorn Park based in Banham, Norfolk. Someone who is motivated by helping others, patient and resilient would be perfect for this role.
About the School
Acorn Park is a Special Educational Needs (SEN) School and Residential home. We help care for and support young people who have complex needs and specialise in the communication and learning challenges associated with Autism.
The Site is situated within Norfolk’s picturesque and tranquil countryside, close to the town of Banham. Due to the location, it would be beneficial for candidates to have a driving licence.
The aim of the site is to provide enough support to unlock each child’s potential so they can live fulfilling and productive lives. We provide the young people with as much freedom as possible in a safe and supervised environment. This is achievable due to the dedication and support from a range of employed professionals who are passionate, reliable and understanding.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
Acorn Care and Education provide Education and Care across 20 schools and 19 residential care homes nationally. Our vision is to build incredible futures by empowering vulnerable young people in the UK to be happy and to make their way in the world. Every day we improve the lives of thousands of young people, their families and communities through a relentless focus on caring and learning.
About the role
Do you want a rewarding Career? To make a positive difference to young people and their lives? Are you patient, empathetic, resilient and supportive? If you have answered yes – we want you!
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) to join the supportive team.
We want each young person at Acorn Park to achieve their own ambitions and to live fulfilling and productive lives. Therefore, you will be required to use your specialist knowledge and experience to support and assist the class teacher, whilst referring to agreed individual development plans. You will teach and encourage each individual to achieve their potential, despite of any challenges you or they may face.
You will also be responsible for safeguarding the young people and ensuring they are healthy, safe and as comfortable as possible. This can be achieved by assisting with the physical, emotional and personal care needs for each individual.
Who are we looking for?
Acorn Park needs a responsible, friendly and caring individual who has a passion for caring for and ultimately, making a difference to young lives. It will be a challenging yet rewarding role with the opportunity to see the young people progress and develop over time.
We need someone who can manage a team, plan and deliver lessons when needed, has great communication skills and can manage their workload and be prepared for the varying difficulties the role may present.
A current HLTA or equivalent qualification, along with a grade C or above in a Maths and English GCSE or equivalent, is essential. It would be ideal if you have had previous experience in a SEN School and you know about the Autistic spectrum.
- You will support the Class Teachers in delivering agreed learning activities to ensure each individual child meets their discrete learning needs
- You will manage a team of learning support assistants on a day-to-day basis
- You will support the development of the children’s communication skills by implementing goals in collaboration with the Education, Therapy and Residential staff
- To set targets, keep records, assess and evaluate students’ learning with support from other professionals
- You may be required to lead classes during absences of the class teacher
- You will help with training, advise and support of other staff members
- To participate in, and complete reports for statutory reviews and meetings concerning the students
- Administer medication as specified from leading professionals
- You must have experience with supporting and working with young people, in a school or care environment
- You must be available to work the shifts required
- You must have a Higher Level Teaching Assistant or equivalent qualification.
- You must have a Grade C or above in your Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent
Why work for us?
- Opportunity to enrich the lives of young people and make a positive difference
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Continuous professional development and training
- Internal Promotion
- Staff meals
- Potential overtime
- “Your Wellbeing Matters”
- Employee Rewards Hub
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.