Senior Registered Manager
Role: Senior Registered Manager
Region: Banham, Norfolk
Salary: £35,000- £45,000 depending on experience
Hours: 40 Hours a Week.
Are you passionate about working with children and young people?
Do you want to progress your career in Residential Children’s Care?
Yes? We want you!
About the Home
Acorn Park is a residential School based in the scenic countryside of Norfolk. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Registered Children’s Home manager with a current Good – Outstanding Ofsted rating, to join our expanding team and newly registered home.
Our main aim is to deliver high quality care for young people who have Autism and accompanying learning and behavioural challenges.
We welcome staff who share our commitment to help children experience better days and better lives. Through ongoing development and training, we ensure our staff are well prepared for their jobs and given every opportunity to extend their skills.
About the Group
We are part of Acorn Care and Education and can promise you plenty of challenges, and a rich variety of opportunities to develop your career.
We provide Education and Care across a number of schools and residential homes nationally. Our specialist SEN provision, coupled with our expertise within residential care means we offer thousands of vulnerable children and young people across the UK a holistic, wraparound care, residential and education service, empowering them with everything they need to flourish. It is by no accident that 94% of our homes are rated as Outstanding or Good.
About the Role
Acorn Park is looking for two Senior Registered Managers who will be responsible for the care of children and young people with Autism who many display challenging behaviour and have mild-moderate learning difficulties. They may both be required to deputise for the Head of Care and will work alongside the other registered managers aligned to each of the 6 homes.
The successful candidates will effectively manage the small care team to achieve the best outcomes for our residents, whilst providing a safe and secure environment and maintaining Ofsted and Quality Care Standards.
This role is to ensure high standards are maintained in the context of staffing, delegated budgets, resources, fabric of the buildings and the health & welfare of residents, legislation and current guidance in children’s residential care and to ensure conformity within Group expectations
The appointed candidate will join a growing and developing team and will report into the Head of Care. The site has 5 other registered homes and therefore, each home will be required to work collaboratively to ensure new ideas and processes are developed.
- Coach and develop the team to maximise their performance and potential and work effectively together to deliver the best outcomes
- Enable the young people to fulfil their potential through structured education, care and wellbeing interventions that are relevant to their needs
- Manage placement plans building relationships and gaining best outcome agreements with local authorities
- Manage the home in line with the allocated budget
- Oversee all referrals and assessments within the home
- Qualified or working towards Diploma Level 5 in Leadership and Management in Residential Child Care (England)
- Experience of working with and managing challenging behaviour directly linked to Autism.
- Proven track record of managing people and performance
- Ability to work across and support the management of a 24/7 operation
- Good – Outstanding Ofsted rating
- Experience or willingness to deputise for a Head of Care.
- Attained Level 3 CCYP
Why work for us?
Be part of the UK’s largest, independent, children’s services group and receive:
- Career progression opportunities
- Continuous personal development opportunities
- Enrich and improve the lives of our young people
- An interesting and varied career
- Employee Rewards Hub
- 'Your Wellbeing Matters'
Acorn Care and Education are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS. We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.
Keywords: support work / care worker / social work / residential care / childcare / support worker / care jobs / care home / childcare worker / manager